My African drum teachers, Ayo Adeyemi & more.

August 27, 2017

AYO ADEYEMI, my first ongoing drum teacher from Africa, is on FaceBook and I wrote to him.

Dear Ayo, It's been a couple dozen years since you were my first African Djembe techer when I shlepped to Los Angeles every week for my private lessons, and also to your glorious moon ceremonies. I'll never forget how we first met in the park when your tribe performed in full costume during an ARTS FESTIVAL and then I led you all, my new friends, in an auto procession to the Jewish art exhibit opening reception at the Federation. I was amazed that some of your friends from Africa knew Hebrew. They taught me about the African Ibo tribe from Hebrews.
Guess that I won't see you anymore at REMO because REMO RMC sadly just moved away from the San Fernando Valley to Santa Clarita.

Over a decade ago I wrote a 'love' letter to Babtunde Olatunji, obm, (whom I gratefully first met in your home) and created a web site for BABA.  There's also a couple photos of you.
Enjoy:  http://babatunde-olatunji.blogspot.com

Because of you, I have 'Olufunmilayo'.  (G*d gives me joy.)
With djembe that Paulo Mattioli made for me, I'm still serving at my various spiritual communities since 1990.

 BlesSings, Joy 
JOY translates to 'Ayo' in Yoruba.  :)

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
I always love to hear from you.
BlesSings,
Joy